Tuesday 8 September 2009

Total success

Well on Friday I got my Chef at last, so apart from making some bread (which didn't really work out - insufficient volume to mix properly, i'll try that again today) and some biscuits I thought i'd try something a bit more ambitious, making pizza.



Hmm, yummo. I didn't have much in the fridge, but I managed ... anchovies, capers, smoky bacon, onion, capsicum, cheddar cheese all on a home-made sauce (some garlic, oregano, and a couple of tins of tomatoes). The strong flavour of the sauce made a good base, and pretty much everything else added up to a very nice pizza with a particularly strong flavour. I put some wholemeal flour into the dough too which added a nice texture and flavour too.



And I just got a shot of the finished result while there was still some left.

Bit easier than I thought - the dough making is easier than making bread since you only have to let it rise once and it isn't so picky about getting the structure right. Still took a while but you could probably streamline the effort to speed it up, and there's a few things you can do in parallel, and/or even do offline by freezing partial results.

No comments: